The Great Pyrenees is a striking white fur-covered dog, that is almost unmistakable when you see him. He has a very pleasant, calm personality, and is considered an independent thinker. These dogs were originally used by shepherds in the Pyrenees Mountains.
Great Pyrenees Characteristics:
Here are some basic characteristics of the Great Pyrenees –
1. This is a huge breed of dog that can weigh 100 pounds or more when full grown.
2. The Great Pyrenees is very gentle, affectionate, and protective. They will bark to warn you when someone is present.
3. They are very independent natured and so can be somewhat hard to train. Patience when training this breed of dog is key.
4. The average life span of a Great Pyrenees is approximately 10 years due to their large size.
5. They are nocturnal animals.